Monday 23 January 2012

I know a land where they live for today, 'cause tomorrow is too far away

Unfortunately not and I fear too little sleep for me today.

The Princess used to, and maybe still does, have trouble sleeping. Foolishly I used to think it was something that would never happen to me, slept like a log, could sleep anywhere, all that. But this Winter, well, it's been difficult. I'm off somewhere tropical myself in a few weeks, let's hope I don't meet that fate. But at least it will give me a boost before the real Spring kicks in. Once the sleep thing gets into your head, well, that's it, or rather it isn't. There's probably a German word for it.

Lots of plans being made for things to come at the moment, so today (or yesterday) it was nice to just get out and do a straightforward ride with like-minded souls in the ACG. Skip's great blog is descriptive, I really haven't the ability or desire to repeat it all, read hers, she does it better.

http://www.thecyclingmayor.com/

And I went to see War Horse yesterday. All the adults came out crying whilst the kids, well my 11-year old son, seemed to enjoy the explosions and the trench warfare. Good film (if a tad predictable), and Dartmoor looks spectacular, which is why I'm going to do my best to ride there as much as possible. It seemed to have touched another friend of mine last week too, although probably not for the same reasons.

http://monmarduman.blogspot.com/

I have to say I think he's mental for wanting to do all that running, not a sabre-toothed tiger in sight. He'll be swimming in a couple of years, like the triathlete who came out with us today, all a bit too organised for my liking. Beauty, that is where it is, form over function, every time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9H0PwObjfA
Charlie stats below:

No comments:

Post a Comment