Tuesday 1 January 2013

Just for the hell of it

Ooooooooh sunshine!

You can keep Hawaii, Maldives, Tahiti, Jamaica, and any other so-called tropical paradise. When the sun comes out, there is no place more beautiful in the whole world that Somerset. And that is a fact.




And today, oh the sun did shine all day. How I love weather forecast that come to pass like today's did. Especially as I had arranged to meet Martyn at the end of his road, and he had also recruited Trevor and Paul to the cause. If, and it's a small if, I was being picky, I'd complain about the cold, strong north-westerly wind blowing off the Bristol Channel. But I'm not.

We circled around the flat lands towards Brean, but since this was New Year's Day, the only cafe I knew to be open was Costa in Worle. So we cut up through Weston, along the cycle paths and back ways, losing a slightly tired Paul (at his insistence) in the process. He swore he hadn't been drinking and I believe him.

Costa was almost deserted, but we still locked our bikes outside as this was Worle. We passed a pleasant 20 minutes in the sunshine, made even more glorious through the window, and laughed about teenagers, Adam and the Ants, complained about road layouts and planned the future of cycling in the western world. A laugh in other words, you know, joy!



And while we are on joyful, here is a video that to make you dance, sing and jump around your room with the sheer love of life!!!

After that, we circled around via Puxton and Sandford, before the boys headed back home via Loxton and I decided to take advantage of that sunshine and round it up to a round 54.83 miles.  Because I could.

What a great start to the year. More please, come and ride with us, I'm planning the long rides this weekend and will publicise some dates after that. No-one gets left behind (unless they want to), lycra preferred but optional, sense of humour essential, and must love coffee and larking about on bikes!



No comments:

Post a Comment