Sunday 5 July 2015

Most everything means nothing, except some things that mean everything

If you have been reading my previous posts about my top ten songs you may have noticed that most of them were released in quite a short time window. That's because all the best things happen to you when you are young isn't it?

Obviously rubbish, I've actually had most of the best times of my life in the last ten years, done all my best professional work in that time, and certainly had the best cycling time too. I also keep discovering new music that I like and In some cases find artists that I missed.

I love a lot of folk music, and the edgier American country stuff, Steve Earle is a favourite. I discovered Patty Griffin through the whimsical film, Elizabethtown (in my "top ten films" list, for what it's worth, a list that surprisingly has two Brad Pitt films in the top five). I won't bore you with the detail of the film, but it's central plot, after the Kirsten Dunst-Orlando Bloom love story, concerns the death and aftermath of a much-loved father.



Don't worry I'm not going all sentimental about my own parents. But if I said my 16pf psychometric results showed a profound shift between 2011 and 2015, and this song, Railroad Wings, reflects that, would that cover it?

No comments:

Post a Comment