Tuesday 5 December 2017

My head's above the rain and roses

They say things come in threes. You know, them. Those that know these things. I hope they're right. I've had three bike-related incidents this year, one in the mountains, one on the ice, and one in a car with a garage door. Don't ask.

But this year has also three sad departures of people I have known and worked with. Not best buddies, but people I liked, respected and admired. One of whom used to arrive on his bike at about the same time as me at work, and work was the last thing we talked about.

48 years old. No words can really express the desperate sadness of this type of thing, no matter how often they are repeated. And as something I saw said recently, when you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid.

I'll let that sink in for a bit.

 


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Meanwhile, keep breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment