Thursday 30 May 2013

One, but not the same

Jennifer has written a great blog about the Tour of Wessex (you can access it via her Cycling Mayor website link to the right).

Suffering, there's a word. I felt a bit grotty some of the time, totally shit a lot of the time, and really great for lots of the rest. Sometimes all at the same time, in different ways.

You couldn't be that man I adore.

Not really important, nor even my self-diagnosis, via the new best doctor in the world, Dr. Internet of course. Hyponatremia. Not severe, but my ankles are still puffy three days later.


We even made it into Devon for a bit on Monday. I had my jersey on, the new one. And a couple of extra passengers driving me on across the moor.

Be someone, be someone.

And Corfe Castle, where would I be without it? I always loved that place, such excitement getting the ferry over from Sandbanks, past the beach. Then scrambling up the hill to the castle itself. I had to stop to take this, couldn't not.


Mansions of glory.

Tomorrow I'm gonna ride again, and this time, I'm going to wear my red sunglasses. What a difference that will make.

I'm gonna show you what I'm made of.

And if you are wondering whether to do it or not, I say, make your own decision. Just prepare like I did last year, not this.

Thank you for riding with me, couldn't have done it without you, and neither will I ever be persuaded to do it again.

You just keep me hanging on.


Carry each other

No comments:

Post a Comment