Friday 2 March 2012

The second chorus is so right, Princess

This time of year is just hell for clothing darling. One minute it's bitterly cold, swirling mist and dark, then 10 hours later it's warm, daylight and clear blue skies. What am I to wear?

Actually I think I got it right with a very fetching yellow and black ensemble, but it was a close run thing. It may have been a couple of days commuting, but I was given the opportunity, and who am I to not bang an open goal into the back of the net. It was also a splendid opportunity to start riding on back to back days, which I'm going to need to do more of to prepare me for my late August Challenge:

http://www.pyractif.com/cycling-packages/road-c2c-max-strength.html

The more I look at those pages the mored scared I get.

And I'm riding the Mad March Hare on Sunday, a choice 80 or so miles or thereabouts. Had it not been for the gasman and Sainsbury's delivery tomorrow, I could have done 6 days in a row and with just three days more I'd have just about learned the entire score for the  whole shooting match.

Not much else to say, usual sort of commuting routes, 40 or so a day, hills, back roads now it's lightish, blah, blah,  but two things:

First, inexplicably I seemed to get quicker each ride, which is counterusual, especially towards the end of the week, when I'm fair to exhausted what with work and all. I even felt quite bouncy when I got home. Then I had a bath and sat down on my bed for five and woke up, two hours later, realising I still had a challenge to meet.

Second, the mist in the morning made for some beautiful sunrises and some weird apparitions. At one point a lady of indeterminate age appeared cycling towards me out of the mist. I didn't really like John Major, right form the time he stood as my local MP, I thought he was a numpty and his dalliance with the egg woman confirmed it. But he did have something right when he combined the image of women on bikes, mist, and cricket. Warm beer is wrong though.

So I hope you like the picture from up on the hill near the airport. Wherever you are going this weekend, remember England!

No comments:

Post a Comment