Wednesday 23 May 2012

Breaking Rule 16

Today, as a result of torches, osteopaths and a dentist, I had a day's holiday from work. My parents may have bequeathed me baldness, dodgy cardivasular equipment, asthmatic lungs, short stature, a love of the foods that pile on the fat, a propensity to stress about timekeeping and the odd bit of OCD. But by God they gave me strong teeth and fine, fine gums.

A perfect daytime opportunity for a cyle ride I thought, in the daytime too. In the middle of the week, how naughty is that?

And it was sunny. And warm. So it would have been very wrong to do something useful like tidy my sock drawer or clear out the shed of junk. A job I have managed to avoid because you need warm and dry weather to stack the contents on the lawn while you re-classify, re-cycle and put everything back in again but in a slightly different order.

So Skip and I went of a spin around the levels. And it was brisk, as was the wind, but it was lovely to be out in sunshine. I'm giddy with luxes, overflowing with Vitamin D, and deliriously unSAD.

Our route is here, and it was very flat. Skip will blog later I'm sure, and may even have a picture of my offensive clothes that broke said Rule 16 of The Velominati. Some rules are just made to be broken. Like taking a random day off, red leg warmers on the commuting run, and wearing that kit. But you know what? It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment