Saturday 26 May 2012

Wear the right kit

Given my propensity for style-fascism when it comes to bike-related apparel, I took a bit of my own medicine today from some of the ACG. (By the way did I just mix a metaphor there?). It was something to do with the ill-fitting nature of my chamois pad in my shorts. I put my hands up and confess, I was in a bit of a rush  this morning, and having had some punishment dished out last week by Skip about my shorts being nearly see-through in certain places, I was a bit undecided about which pair to wear today.

Considering that the abuse was coming from a couple of people who spend way too much time wearing tabards and Bermuda shorts and hiking boots, whilst purporting to do something they call cycling (AKA "mountain biking") you might call this rich. But I don't, standards are standards and when it comes to lycra bib-shorts there are of course rules to be followed. Ahem.

Which is why I will be wearing something white, black, green and yellow tomorrow on the Somerset 100, looks like it's going to be another hot day, unless it rains earlier than forecast. Confusing kit choice ahead.

Good luck to Crewe tomorrow. Bunny's team, and also the source of Nicky Maynard. Notice how the sleeves and under garment are exactly the right shade of blue, along with a perfect colour of claret for the main part of the jersey. I get so cross when the club messes about with our kit, claret sleeves or socks, stupid patterns or weaves.


Not quite sure what he is pointing at, but I think he has just scored. Maybe he's pointing at someone with the wrong colour socks on.
By the way, today was an ACG ride with 8 cyclists, it was fantastic fun, and Skip's blog describes it really well. I'm off to eat and then get an early night.


No comments:

Post a Comment